I've had these (500ml bag) in a Phosban reactor for the past 3 weeks. I added another piece of thicker foam in the bottom, but that turned oout to be a mistake.
So after a few week the nitrates are down (now reading about 2.5), but the phosphates are still at .20 though down from .29.
Today I removed everything, and put ti back without my extra peice of foam. Now I have the correct flow going through and when I open up the valve, the bottom foam doesn't push all the pellets into an unmoveable mass. Now I can see a bit of movement of the pellets as it should be.
I didn't get to add the dual gac
reactor today, so there will be at least one week of just this setup for testing..
I have the outflow sitting right next to my skimmer pump intake so the water is getting oxygenated and should not be contributing to low pH.