Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > General Hardware/Equipment Discussion

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 01-22-2010, 08:00 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Freak
Oceanic 90 Gallon Bowfront

I have been looking for a new aquarium(90gal) Found an Oceanic 90 Gallon bowfront on Craigslist today. The guy wants 225 and it comes with a return pump and a 29gallon tank that "Could" be used for a sump. It's predrilled and has built in overflow. Does not come with a stand.

I have looked everywhere for prices on how much this tank would be new, but I cant find it. If anyone can help me with info on this I would really appreciate it.

sgc0286 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 08:21 PM   #2
Aquarium Free - 2+ Years

POTM Champion
id say thats a pretty good deal, though not having a stand with it kind of sucks. i paid 225 for my 150g with heaters, a fluval 405 canister, stand, lights, nets, and a few other things, but bowfronts are generally more expensive. Ive googled and googled and cant find a price online either. I did see one going for $1200 on an online classifieds site, but its got alot more with it, including a stand. I would try and talk them down to at least $200, then you can try and find a stand, or better yet, build one

90 Gallon Oceanic Bowfront Aquarium - Fort Lauderdale - Everything Else - oceanic bowfront 90

"What, exactly, is the internet? Basically it is a global network exchanging digitized data in such a way that any computer, anywhere, that is equipped with a device called a 'modem', can make a noise like a duck choking on a kazoo." - Dave Barry
mfdrookie516 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 08:30 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Freak
I found that same link, Love that stand and canopy. If I were to build my own stand would I have to have a bow in the wood too? Dont know how to do that. My carpentry skills are not very good.
sgc0286 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 11:05 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict
Most lfs sell the stands or can order. That is not a bad deal but the tanks new are $300 (here anyway). The stands cost about as much or more. I think you should go for $200. Then try and find a used stand. You can usually get a good deal on used stand only.
Bige is offline   Reply With Quote

90 gallon, bowfront, oceanic

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com