Oceanic tanks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dmolavi

Aquarium Advice Addict
Did Oceanic ever make 96 gallon tanks? I'm about to pull the trigger on an incredible deal on one listed on Craigslist, but want to make sure it's what they're advertising, and not Brand X...The only things listed on Oceanic's site now are their BioCubes.

Here are pics of the tank. It has been sitting outside for 2 months, covered in a tarp. The seller isn't willing to do a fill test, either. I'm wondering if it's worth the money, time, and effort...

Also, is the glass cross-brace at the top a "good" idea?

Attachments

• photo1.jpg
    photo1.jpg
    255.8 KB · Views: 72
  • photo2.jpg
    photo2.jpg
    254.9 KB · Views: 97
Last edited:
How much if you don't mind me asking! Could be a great deal, or it could leak and be useless!

The seller's exact words:
"I've only used it for reptiles and I have NO IDEA if it holds water."

When asked to do a fill test, he responded:
"I'm sorry, I am not willing to go through all that. It would be too labor extensive for me. I can't tip this tank empty let alone with water. Re caulking a tank is easy and cheap if it were necessary. "

(But a royal PITA to do, esp on a tank that large)

I have an oceanic 120 and it looks just like that, same wood grain on the trim and same glass center brace, I'd say go for it, if its not cracked worst case would be $8 for a tube of silicone

I have an oceanic 120 and it looks just like that, same wood grain on the trim and same glass center brace, I'd say go for it, if its not cracked worst case would be $8 for a tube of silicone

is your 120 as deep (31 inches) as this one? what are your overall dimensions? is there enough length for the fish to swim?

it's too risky to try. if the seller isn't even wanting to do a water test, then he/she isn't the type you should do business with. just fill a bucket of water and dump it in the tank, how hard can that be? unless the seller is extremely lazy or hiding something. i'm leaning toward the latter

he said he kept a bearded dragon in it. i'm gonna guess there are scratches on the glass, and that the buggers' claws did a number on the silicone.

as much as it sucks, i think i'm gonna have to pass on this.

Back
Top Bottom