Oceanview tanks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wynn

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Anybody have particular feelings about these tanks? Are they good tanks? Please say yes, because I bought a new 75 gallon tank the other day. It has me a bit worried though because it wasn't built with a center brace. I haven't filled it up with water yet, partially because this center brace thing has me a bit worried. Any thoughts on this, or am I being paranoid?

Welcome to AA.com! Although I haven't had any experience with this particular brand, I have had several 4' tanks that didn't have a center brace and I never had a problem with any of them. I have a 110 gal downstairs with no center brace.

is this a glass tank, or acrylic? 1 piece-moulded acrylic tanks at 48" lengths have enough support/rigidity to not need a center brace. thicker glass may not need it either.

Thanks for the replies. Loganj, it makes me feel a little better knowing there are other people out there who have tanks with no center brace. I guess I will fill it up with water and see what happens.

malkore, it is a glass tank with 3/8" thickness. The thickness is the same as my 120 gallon tank that I have in another room. I went to another pet store yesterday to look as some other tanks to compare to the one I just bought, and they had some 75 gallon Perfecto tanks with a center brace and 1/4" glass thickness.

Back
Top Bottom