Octo. Reef BH2000 air valve

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HappyHooligan

Aquarium Advice Freak
Anybody ordered this style? It appears to have been shipped w/ out an air valve. I googled and found at least another instance where the valve appeared to be missing.
Anyone had a similar experience?

just the valve or the whole hose?

Either way, a quick call to them on Monday (or today) and I'll bet you have one in the mail same day

Phone: (985)781-9078
Toll Free: (866) 277-9078
Fax: (985)781-9081
Customer Service: support@coralvue.com

My BH100F didn't come with an air valve either. I have yet to get the siphon started. Good luck with yours. People suggested manually starting it with your mouth, but you get many mouthfuls of saltwater and I just cannot do that. I've tried it that way and it didn't work for me. I'm very frustrated with mine!

I put my thumb over the tube and it got siphon pretty quick.
The reaction chamber if full of bubbles, not sure exactly what it's supposed to look like but I guess I'll keep an eye on it.
Did you try an contact the company at all?

Mine has 2 tubes coming from the pump and a blue tube from the intake. Is yours similar? Just wondering which one you covered to get it started. I'll give that a try.

I didn't try to contact them. The threads I've seen about it where people contacted them, they just told them they can start the siphon manually and didn't need the valve.

Mine just has 1 tube coming from the bottom of the of the unit. I got the siphon, and it's creating bubbles...guess I'll just wait and see what happens.

The unit appears pretty technical and professionally produced, I can't believe it included such poor directions.

Mine has 2 tubes coming from the pump and a blue tube from the intake. Is yours similar? Just wondering which one you covered to get it started. I'll give that a try.

I didn't try to contact them. The threads I've seen about it where people contacted them, they just told them they can start the siphon manually and didn't need the valve.
The hose with the black silencer on it is the one you want to put your finger over, you must first however fill the skimmer with water first then while plugging it in put you finger on the air intake of the silencer (It works better if you take the cap off of the silencer and block the air intake that way) and hold it until you see the water level rising in the skimmer. Hope this helps.

Last edited:
Yeah actually that sounds about right. The reason i never had to worry about siphoning on my bh100 is because the pump is IN my tank. Hence, it sucks up water automatically. But the models that both you and JOM have, have their pumps inside the skimmer itself. So i would imagine you would have to fill it up with water for it to work correctly. Never thought of this at first.

well, airvalve or not, I've got good bubbles in the reaction chamber and am starting to get some nasties foaming into the collection cup.
The mystery of Reef Octo. set up lives on...

Back
Top Bottom