Octopus BH-1000 Skimmer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TBGator

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I installed this skimmer today. The pump is rather loud. Has anyone else had this issue? It is by far the loudest thing on my tank now. And I'm not referring to the air intake. The motor itself.

Thanks for any input.

Mine is quiet... My air intake is what I can hear. Have you tried unplugging it and plugging it back in?

check the propeller shaft is it seated correctly , if its not that would cause a lot of racket

Does yours have a hum? Mine is in my TV room and I have my filters attached to in tank pumps and my tank is nearly silent. The only pump I hear is the bh-1000 and it is fairly loud. I just want to make sure my expectations aren't unrealistic before it spend a few hours draining and reinstalling it.

Thanks

I have a SRO 2000 int skimmer, about 1 yr old and it's very noisy too. I have seen utube videos showing the same thing.

Tb gator - did you post this today? I just actually hooked up the same skimmer today as well. It's already skimming crud out.

Yes, we'll yesterday now. Mine already was already removing crud also. It was extremely easy to setup and adjust. The pump is just louder then I had hoped. I was hoping I missed something so I didn't have to take it apart. No leaks, but I guess I will check the impeller.

How it the impeller removed on this one?

So I reseated the impeller and not much change. Maybe I am just to picky. I'll give it a little and see if it becomes white noise.

Maybe I'll call support and ask.

You guys seam to be up on the octopus bh1000. What are your thoughts on me putting my tanks heat stick in the chamber on the side of the skimmer rather than in my display tank??

Back
Top Bottom