Octopus BH 2000 Skimmer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CaptainAhab

Thanx but no.....
So we're starting the build of the new 90G for my son. Building the stand, collecting the equipment and I realize I have an Octopus BH 2000 laying around in the basement.

The tank will have a 20G sump. What's the thought on hanging the HOB off the sump? It's not going on the display and being cheap if I can avoid buying a new skimmer. Well that would work just fine w/ me.

I'm just not sure if the flow through the sump would be prohibitive.

That should work Perfect IMO the less money the better... (y) and plus aren't those BH2000 rated up to 120 gallons?

Is the 20 gallon and the Skimmer the same height. I think you might need to stand it up a little?

That's what I was hoping for feedback on before I go and hack it up. Extending the intake tubes and possible building up the HOB height if it's too high.. What happens to performance

Can't directly answer this as I do not have an Octopus skimmer. However, I ran into the same issue with my Remora Pro. Mine is about 3-6 inches longer then my 20G long Sump. I actually emailed AquaC support and they advised that having the skimmer longer then the sump would NOT cause any performance issues.

Back
Top Bottom