Octopus bh1000 help!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Marcquez08

Aquarium Advice Activist
Recently bought a used octopus bh 1000 protein skimmer, and I am not too sure how I adjust it. For example, I am not sure how low to place the collection cup. Is the cup supposed to cover, partly cover, or never cover the little overflow hole? Also, I am not how how to adjust the air valve as well.

Ultimately, the problem is that the bubbles are not always going into the collections cup so it is hard to tell if the skimmer is truly working.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

i have the bh2000 and i cover the over flow hole mine has a small screw so when i adjust the level i screw in the screw and it allows the water to over flow if it gets to high

If you cover the overflow then how does it let the water overflow if it gets too high?

mine has a screw that when screwed in leaves a gap on the side with the hole so if the water starts to rise it over flows there and not on your floor

So you completely cover that hole that is approximately 3/8 of an inch?

And then adjust the air so that the column is constantly bubbling?

i dont have an air adjustment just a silencer you adjust the collection cup so there is bubbles about 1/2 to 1" in the cone

Back
Top Bottom