Octopus HOB Bh100 Questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RYANLAWRENCE

Aquarium Advice Freak
Just got my protein skimmer, im pretty excited. It is not producing any skimate though. Is this normal? All I have is live rock and 15 snails in it right now so maybe there is not enough waste being produced.

Also how do you stop the microbubles from entering your tank? I have a blue sponge that is supposed to stop them but i dont know where to put it. The directions for this skimmer are terrible

It takes a couple weeks to get broken in....then it will start producing some skimmate. I ended up putting a sponge over the output tube to stop the bubbles. Most of the microbubbles went away after the 2-3 week break in period, but I still had pretty significant bubbles coming out after that....I just used an aquaclear filter media sponge and cut a slit in it to fit the output tube.

And I agree....the instructions are terrible! I could not get mine to siphon when I first got it....stressed me out!

haha yeah you think for a 120 machine they would include some half decent instructions instead of just a picture! Anyways, do you have this same skimmer??

Back
Top Bottom