Odd lighting fixture

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Amicus

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hi all, I have a 72g bow front and have a 3 bulb fixture for the center of the tank. I would like to get some baby tears and clover for the front. I am wondering if anyone here has ever seen a fixture for the front of the bow, or do I need one? Thanks.

I have a 3x54w fixture running 6500k and pressureized CO2. I heard that there was a lighting issue for the front of a bow front tank with carpeting plants. It comes to about 2.5 wpg.

Amicus said:
I have a 3x54w fixture running 6500k and pressureized CO2. I heard that there was a lighting issue for the front of a bow front tank with carpeting plants. It comes to about 2.5 wpg.

Sounds like you have the right setup for it, but I see what you mean about getting enough light up front. Nothing ventured, nothing gained is what I say :), so give it a shot and keep the BT as far back under the lights as possible to get a foothold. If it does poorly, you can always pull it.

http://www.plantgeek.net/plantguide_viewer.php?id=160

Yeah, that's what I'll do and see if it creeps forward. A friend is going to give me a few AST clippings so I wii start with that.

Back
Top Bottom