Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > General Hardware/Equipment Discussion

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 03-04-2006, 12:42 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Regular
Send a message via AIM to chris stevens
odd sump shape

sooo....the latest sump dilemna is: the space where i want to keep my sump is very limited in space, and the largest plastic container i can find that will fit in the cramped space is the Rubbermaid Pets Scoop'n Store Pet Food Storage - 20.75"W X 11.75"D X 24"H, just over 20 g. capacity i figured. Is it alright to have such a deep sump, with little surface area? I want to run my Aquac remora in the sump, will it work alright? Does anyone know if this will hold it's shape, filled with water?

the field of unpopular music is wide open
chris stevens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2006, 11:26 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict
As long as you have a skimmer running on air rather than ozone, surface area isn't a big deal. You'll have plenty of oxygen.

Rubbermaid stuff is usually pretty good about standing up to water. Straight sides may bow out a bit, but it should hold and not break.
dskidmore is offline   Reply With Quote

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search