Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > General Hardware/Equipment Discussion

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 09-23-2011, 04:02 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Newbie
Ok sorry....hard drive crashed and totally have a new pc since then. i had to remember where I posted this thread! So I installed the cfs700 and couldn't be happier so far. First off i had no probs with any fittings or O rings, maybe the manu. upgraded? Trick is put them on before installing onto the filter and you can hold the bottom and apply more force without stressing other parts, then continue. I figured after that I would never remove them really, just unclamp the hose fittings. Anyway i have had no leaks and no added makeshift parts. Just in case I put a plant saucer under it to check. Sure..it's cheap plastic just be careful. Great flow! I'm loving having just one filter in a crowded 75g mbuna tank. I don't even have a spray bar i just have the directional breaking surface just enough. One complaint is the UV bulb already is out....but I kinda figured it wasn't that efficient anyway. Plus my set-up in a wicker laundry basket beside the tank could do without the green glow inside. Short hoses...I just barely made it because it sits so high outside my tank. I have not cleaned or done any maintenance thus far. I do not see the reason for added bio filtering with all that sponge area...my tank is mature with porous rock background and my ammonia and nitrite testing confirmed. But so far it's quiet, strong, and my tank is very clear. Sooo...for a lazy and cheap cichlid hobbyist I highly recommend.

puntaluna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 04:51 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice Freak
Good to hear! It's always nice to have an inexpensive alternative to the brand name stuff lol.

120G FW--All Male African Haps and Peacocks
75G SW--Eventual Reef Build (work in progress)
Patterson333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 09:37 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice FINatic
Thanks for the update! I'm glad the filter is working well for you.
Batt4Christ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 06:21 PM   #14
Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Sorry to revive an old, dead thread, but I had bought 2 of these filters about 2 weeks ago. One for my 55 gallon, and one for my dad's pond. So far absolutely no problems. The short hoses are a little annoying, but the filters work great so far, with a strong flow.

Donslights is offline   Reply With Quote

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com