Odyssea t5 lights

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Race2d

Aquarium Advice Activist
Has anyone ever used the quad bulb t5ho lights odyssea makes and if so are they cheap or worth the money or.should I just stick with a better brand

Do the ballast still hum I have heard alot of reviews that say they make noise?

I just got my first one last week. Its the 20". No noise so far. It was a little better than I expected for the price.

They arent bad lights for the money. Little flimsy but they get the job done. It's a must though to change the bulbs. The stock bulbs are awful. lol

I have the Odyssea quad T5 with LED moonlights. I love it as I can control each pair of the T5's independently as well as the LEDs.

Mine has worked fine for well over six months. The lights are bright and with independent controls you can run the leds, one pair of T5's, or both pairs. I use cheap Walmart timers so I can simulate a day cycle. I turn on the LED's for a while, turn them off and one pair of T5's on, the other T5's on, then the first pair off, then the second pair off with the LEDs back on and finally all lights off.

Are they the same quality as like a corallife?

Are you interested in just lighting up the tank to see the fish or are you looking forward toward getting plants in the future? One fixture is meant more for saltwater with the Actinic bulb and the other is better for a planted tank. also the odyssea fixture is twice the light (being t5HO) output than the aqualight (just t5) what is it you ultimately want to do with the tank?

Just light the fish up I really like the actinic light really brings out the blues and colors of the fish but I also don't want to be scraping algae either and no never no plants

There's your answer then. Why pay for unnecessary light? 28watts of light is plenty to light up the tank and see the fish and less electric to run than the other one which means cheaper to run. Less light also means less food for algae growth and you like the blue color so win, win, win for the aqualight. :)

Yea I went ahead and ordered thanks for your help

Back
Top Bottom