Odyssea T5HO quad light for reef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If going the t5 route id always get a light with individual reflectors which I don't believe that does

I've run odyssea t5's over my corals with decent success. :)

You will want to trade out the bulbs that it comes with though, I happen to like ATI bulbs myself.

I kept everything under my lights. Even a couple hard corals like a birdsnest, a montipora and a pocillipora. I also had every kinf of LPS under em and they did really well.

For the most part it's a matter of placement in the tank in addition to good bulbs and water parameters that will get the most growth out of your corals.

Thank you so much. I'm just starting out and didn't want to spend four hundred on the fixture I looked at originally.

i have the 24" model from them I've got some frags in the tank that have shown some good growth and some GSP that exploded( in a good way) once I swaped the bulbs out. spend 100 on the fixture, 150 on bulbs and your good IMO.

I did have to disconnect one of the LED moonlights as it was a bit too bright for my tastes.

Sheesh 150 on the bulbs... might as well go ahead and spend 300 on a decent fixture to start with

You don't Ned new bulbs, you can use the stock ones until they burn out. 150 was high on the bulbs estimate I think. I paid 80 for 4 24" D-D Geissmann (sp?) bulbs. They tend to be expensive buy you're paying for quality. Shop around and find something you like.

Bulb replacement costs will happen about once a year. If shelling out 100+ every year isn't possible, you may want to look into led solutions.

Back
Top Bottom