Odyssea Trio light with timer question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CraigMac

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Just got my new odyssea trio hot5 light. I know some of you have it as well. I have a dumb question. There is a plastic cover that protects the bulbs. This cover is clear but has a white plastic covering on it. Do I leave the white plastic covering or remove it so it is clear?

Not sure if it's supposed to stay and "dull" the lights a little or removed????

I don't have that light but I do have a 72" odyssea light that had the same thing. And it took me a minute to figure out that it was a peice of vinyl. I took mine off and the light looks great.

Thanks! I didn't want to take it off and then find out it should have stayed on!!

Thanks again!

Now if only I knew how these leg brackets work! Anyone know of any instructions?

There's a metal channel under the leg that slides into a groove on the light. You can screw it down once you slide it into position

Yes like he said tighten the screw into place. And I'll send a pic of the modification I made to make mine fit better on my tank.

Devon6209 said:
Yes like he said tighten the screw into place. And I'll send a pic of the modification I made to make mine fit better on my tank.

Great, thanks. Do you have to remove te side cap to fit the metal piece into the track?

Thanks! Do you have to remove the endcap to fit the metal piece into the slot?

Yea there are two pieces. The actual price that connects to the lights is rather small like an inch by inch.

I took the screw parts and cut them off. I bought the glass hood for my 60g tank and the screws would not work with it. Couldn't screw them inside the tank bc of the glass and sitting on top of the glass, they stopped the lid from opening. In the last picture shows the back part of the legs, I cut it a centimeter longer bc it does not rest on the rim of the tank, but rather on top of the glass.

Attachments

• image-959640681.jpg
    image-959640681.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 75
  • image-3754712479.jpg
    image-3754712479.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 73
  • image-1854010891.jpg
    image-1854010891.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 124
thanks for the pics of the leg mods, just picked up a new 4 bulb fixture with similar legs and was a little conflicted on whether or not I should start cutting them up to work with my glass top, but you did almost exactly what I had in mind

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom