Oh no! Heater broken!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Copachick

Aquarium Advice Freak
So we woke up and discovered that the heater in our 75 gallon has stopped working. The thermometer said just below 70 degrees, when their water was almost 80. Hope they'll be ok until tonight when we replace the heater!

It obviously depends on your stock and the room temperature but based upon the size of your tank the water should only slowly lose heat.

I had a much smaller tank drop from 78 to around 64 over day (Thanks to one of my dogs standing on the power switch so he could get a better view of the fish -.-).

In short you should be fine.

Aww your dog just wanted to be nosey, lol thats cute!
Yea our tank stayed at like 69-68. We got a new heater last night so now they are getting nice and warm again

Copachick said:
So we woke up and discovered that the heater in our 75 gallon has stopped working. The thermometer said just below 70 degrees, when their water was almost 80. Hope they'll be ok until tonight when we replace the heater!

I just had the same problem and I took our small space heater and pointed it toward my tank, heated ut back in no time.

Hmm I never thought of that idea. Ill do that if it ever happens again. Our heater in another tank broke too, but this time it wouldnt shut off and the tank was overly hot! Good thing the fish wernt affected

Back
Top Bottom