ok Saltwater Experts.. I need your help!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

joelduval1

Aquarium Advice Regular
If you want reef capable LEDs then only go with 3 watt diodes. 1 just won't cut it for the higher end of lighting

Try looking at Taotonic LEDs. Have 3 for my 180g reef tank. Work great. Can see results on my thread kio 3.0. Just my opinion.

Kio707 said:
Look at this on eBay:

TaoTronics 120W Aquarium Coral Reef Tank White Blue LED Grow Light- White

http://bit.ly/RAnsjV

Ok now you have my FULL attention.... Lol. But I can't find the real specs on this light. How many should I use on my 29 gallon? Cuz the pic it shows make this thing look way small.

the problem with the Marineland Reef light fixture is its not for corals it just emans they added blue leds. Its not strong enough for SPS. Go with 3w only. Do lots of research and get a good fixture the first time. I personaly like T5HO's

joelduval1 said:
Ok now you have my FULL attention.... Lol. But I can't find the real specs on this light. How many should I use on my 29 gallon? Cuz the pic it shows make this thing look way small.

I'd say one for a 29g. Mine is 72" across and I use 3.

joelduval1 said:
How big is one of the actual units that you have?

7" w- 15" long... I believe. I'm at work now, so I'll check when I get home.

Ahh ok. Do I have to hang it or can I mount it? I'm scared to hang a light above water lol. And I rent so I don't wanna put a hole in the roof

joelduval1 said:
Ahh ok. Do I have to hang it or can I mount it? I'm scared to hang a light above water lol. And I rent so I don't wanna put a hole in the roof

Canopy is what I suggest. Or build a rack to hold it. Mine are on a railing system.

Attachments

• image-503885578.jpg
    image-503885578.jpg
    126.4 KB · Views: 65
Heres a shot of it

Attachments

• image-4044361034.jpg
    image-4044361034.jpg
    119.8 KB · Views: 51
Back
Top Bottom