Ok, What kind of lights do I need?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I've only seen them, I have no idea whats involved lol. Sorry...

The tek lights come with hanging holes I believe. If you do go with the tek, I would spend the extra $100 and get the 8 bulb fixture. :) But thats just me.

You can also check out LED's too. I know theres alot of retro kits with that type of light, but again I have no idea specifically.

yeah, Im thinkin that I want ATI bulbs.

I don't know if I should get the 60" or the 48" fixture, I measured the inside of my canopy and I can squeeze the 60 in there with a half inch to spare... what do you think?

Just keep in mind youre not gonna have the intensity on 6 inches of each side of the tank. I'm not sure how that would look. Unless you stagger them somehow underneath. But then you'll lose the intensity in certain spots.

Theres gotta be someone on the forum who has done this before. lol

I'm gonna go look at retro kits and see if i can learn anything.

Hmmmmmmmmm....

I like this, ( looks like what I have except for T5....

Could always add to this later when more $ come in...

Thats what I was thinking after I saw your current setup. Just different bulb type really. And you can figure it out I bet. :)

Wonder if I could just buy new T5 end caps and use the IC 660 ballast thats on my current lights?

Now that. I wouldnt do.LOL Saving some money is great BUT not at that risk if it even would work. :)

Hmm some people have bought those fixtures. But not me. lol

If you were gonna go MH I'd go with 2 250w, then theres no room for not enough light. But MH comes with their own set of potential negatives. Bulbs are pricey, draws more electricity by some and might require a chiller, but you won't know for certain about the3 chiller til later. :) That could be a maybe item.

Yea Thats why Im steering more tward T5 because I already have temp issues...

My tank runs at 79 80 with the t12's

Back
Top Bottom