Ok, What kind of lights do I need?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well I'd go with your first instinct then. Unless you want to buy a chiller. lol

You have alot of great options for the t5's. I personally like the retro kit with the two, gives you flexibilty and you can do it. You can also upgrade to 6 if you want or even 8 if you have room. :)

I figure about $25 for each bulb give or take a buck so keep that in mind with whatever you choose.

k, I think the retro is going to be the best and most affordable, I can do 6 bulbs for a lot less than the 6 bulb fixture.

good thinking carey! thanks!

and we have the next dilemma...

What combo of bulbs do I need?

ATI T5 Lamps

I read this is good for a 4 bulb-er --- 2 Blue+, 1 Aquablue & 1 Purple+

I may start with 4 and upgrade to 6 when I start getting stuff that needs more light.

Now the bulbs are a preference thing. i use 2 aquablue specials and two reg actinics and I get a nice blueish hue with my whites just on and a vibrant blueish sunlight color with all four. Some people prefer the purple hue though. It's up to you.

I'm actually gonna start a thread later for my bulb setup. Last time I did I got alot of great suggestions.

So Carey, On that retro kit, its not HO, so back to the drawing board... LOL...

Back
Top Bottom