old Box-type wavemakers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fourmyclowns

Aquarium Advice Activist
I've had my tank for 10 years now and it was time for an overhaul on the wavemaker. We have the old hob box type that forced out a wave as well as two small Whisper-sync ones. Does anyone know where to get thes old box ones? The only one I found that was shaped like a box was described as having pumps in it. Ours has a double-threaded post that forces the paddle down and pushes out a nice wave that cleans the live rock. It's so much stronger than the ones with the impellers.

Second question - We are not the original owners of this tank, so we don't know what brand or how to identify the wavemaker by its specs other than hp and amp on the motor. I would love for someone to share their knowledge of these older type box ones. Maybe it will help me find a new one to stash away in case mine really quits for good.
I have a video and some picts I can upload later, but my iPad is not jiving with this website at the moment.

Back
Top Bottom