Old stuff

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hobgob

Aquarium Advice Addict
So I have a bunch of old fish aquarium stuff, I have no idea when it was made or anything. One is a bottle of prime is for neutralizing ammonia, nitrites, a nitrates. Does this expire, I looked for a date but me or my dad could find one. Also he has an algae cleaner for scrubbing the walls. My dads says he wouldn't use it because there is no idea to no how old it is, what would you's do? Just chuck it or boil the snot outa it? What's us your opinion

So I have a bunch of old fish aquarium stuff, I have no idea when it was made or anything. One is a bottle of prime is for neutralizing ammonia, nitrites, a nitrates. Does this expire, I looked for a date but me or my dad could find one. Also he has an algae cleaner for scrubbing the walls. My dads says he wouldn't use it because there is no idea to no how old it is, what would you's do? Just chuck it or boil the snot outa it? What's us your opinion

If you don't know how old the prime is, I'd toss it IMO. That's too critical an issue to try and save $5. Same goes for the pad, never know if mom used it to clean the toilet bowl lol. Again, IMO a couple buck for a new one is better than having a whole tank die off.

I no that the stuff was never used for anything other then an aquarium because my dad got it from his parents when they gave us there all of their stuff and aquarium. It's the ones that are magnetic one on the inside and one the outside. For the prime, I dont really have a need for it seeing as my fish aquariums arecycled already so I'm just gonna chuck it anyways lol.

I no that the stuff was never used for anything other then an aquarium because my dad got it from his parents when they gave us there all of their stuff and aquarium. It's the ones that are magnetic one on the inside and one the outside. For the prime, I dont really have a need for it seeing as my fish aquariums arecycled already so I'm just gonna chuck it anyways lol.

Oh, you said scrubber and I thought pad, like toilet bowl friendly pad lol.

Yep, I think you're fine to use it, just wash it really good in HOT water, no soap.

Ya that's what I said to it should e due and he's like there probably a lot of fiat anthem and blah blah blah lol. I told him isn't that why you rinse thing and boil them etc. I just don think he wants to see my fish die

Hobgob said:
Ya that's what I said to it should e due and he's like there probably a lot of fiat anthem and blah blah blah lol. I told him isn't that why you rinse thing and boil them etc. I just don think he wants to see my fish die

Sorry that was really bad! Ya that's what I said to, and he's like there's probably a lot of dust and dirt and blah blah blah lol. isn't that why you rinse and boil things etc. I just don think he wants to see my fish die.

Back
Top Bottom