opinion on led fixture. specs included

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mr funktastic

Aquarium Advice Addict
ok. i have been looking at going led for a while now. i am looking at the typical chinese led fixtures and i found a supplier in canada which is good for me because i dont have to worry about import fees. the listing actually included a lot of details about the light. it isnt dimmable unfortunatly. and i noticed it doesnt have the optic lenses. looking for some opinions on it.

120 Watt Aquarium Coral Reef LED Grow Light 120W 20K | eBay

SPECS:

Product Description

3 Watt LED Unit. 40 (LED) x 3W = 120W
3 Watt LED's give much deeper light penetration then 1 Watt Leds
Uses Bridge Lux Bulbs (20K Leds)
2:1 Color Ratio (2 Blue Leds to 1 White Led)
27 Blue : 13 White
1 Cord controls the White LEDs and 1 Cord controls the blue LEDs (2 power cord system)
Strong all black outer casing.
Powerful 120W LED Aquarium Light can replace
250W Metal Halide Lamp, save 50% on
electricity bills
Lifetime : The high power 3w LED convert electric energy into light directly, there is no
filament to break on led, so they could be more durable and nearly no maintenance, you
don’t need to replace the bulbs frequently like MH/Fluorescent.
Use built-in switching mode 97% efficiency power supply, no need heavy ballast as MH
and fluorescent which will inefficient and burnout finally.
LED is cold lighting LED lights which run much cooler than standard florescent and
metal halides and 3 built-in cooling fans help cool down the lamp very well, you don’t need to
buy additional expensive cooling system.
LED’s light is downwards directly and wide beam angle help confirm uniform coverage,
you don’t need to buy additional bulky reflector like MH.
White&Blue combined in one unit, no need additional T5/T8 for actinium blue supplement.
Powerful 3w led could penetrate deep into the tank bottom
Easy to install and use, plug into the electric outlet(120/230Vac) directly, no set-up
required, Plug-and-play.
Super Low Power Consumption
Low Heat Displacement
CE and RoHS compliance
High efficiency, save energy, minimal maintenance cost
1 year warranty

Technical Specs

Input voltage 120/230VAC
Power 120W
LED Qty 40pcs
LED Type 3W/pcs
LED brand Semi/Bridgelux
LED beam angle 120/90/60 degree mixed
LED working current 300-350mA
LED working voltage 3V-3.8V
LED Life time 50000hrs
Color Blue&White (2:1)
LED Intensity >240Lm
Wavelength/Kelvin W: 20000K, B: 460nm
PF 0.97
IP IP50
Working environmental temperature -20 ~ +50degress
2" depth - 1537 Par
PAR reading 12" depth - 423 Par
24" depth - 182 Par
Coverage 7 Square Feet
Equal to MH light 250W
Dimension 400X213X71(unit: mm)
Packing size 450x260x123 (unit: mm)
Weight N.W 4.5kg /G.W 5k

and this was option b i was looking at. unfortunatly it does not include as detailed of information

150W Dimmable LED Aquarium Light for Coral Reef Tank Lighting LED Colorful Reef | eBay

thanks in advance.

The 1st light is going to be very blue there's not a lot of white leds so it may not be very bright The dimmable are going to be better IMO simply because you can balance the white-blue light to your taste, only down side is there's only two cooling fans but you can off set that by upgrading with higher CFM fans
Im running both dimmable and non dimmable tao tronics and lean towards the dimmable very bright even with the whites turned down to 80% to make colors pop.

I just ordered some 120 dimmable LEDs off of eBay. 149 each with free shipping. 30 3w blue LEDs and 25 3w white LEDs.

I just order a similar unit that is dimmable if I were you I would do the same,for the simple reason of acclimating the coral to the lights that is of course if you have any.with the unit fully lite it is super bright trust me you'll do more harm than good for your coral

I'm in Canada so there is always shipping added on. and the ones that are free shipping are 170. I am leaning toward the dimmable ones as well. I was just intrigued by the way the first listing shows the par readings.

170 is not bad, remember next year when your not spending $80 on new bulbs. Your gonna like them i was shocked at how bright they are

I would recommend getting the dimmable version of this one. It's only $50 more and if you can't find it on Ebay, you can on Amazon. So glad I went with the dimmable. I started at the lowest setting and have adjusted it a couple of times. I can see how the coral are responding to the brighter / stronger light. They just reach for the light. I'm pretty happy with where they are, I don't think I'm gonna adjust the lights for a while, just sit back and enjoy watching them grow. Look into the dimmable, its' a great option!

Back
Top Bottom