Opinions on 4 T5-HO bulbs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bwats

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Just wanted to get some opinions on what some of you are using for your 4 bulb setup. Currently I have (1) ATI Blue+, (1) Aquaticlife Purple, (1) Aquaticlife 10K, (1) Aquaticlife actinic.

Its a little to white for my liking, but just dont know where to go from here? Should I replace the purple with another ATI Blue+, or keep the purple and replace the actinc with another Blue+?......really confused on how I should set this up. I prefer the "blue" look over the daylight look, and I think it makes my zoes, and a few of my LPS look better.

Any insight would be great!

Thanks,

Oh, I'm using a 48" Aquaticlife 4 T5HO fixture w/ 4 LED moonlights

The bulbs I was going to use in my 4bulb was 1 ati blue +, 1 aquablue special, 1 fiji purple, and 1 coral plus or something like that, it was newer at the time. If you want more blue, I'd get rid of the 10k and add in either another blue + or an blue special.

Thaks for the response. Would I be sacrificing my few corals if I took out the 10K? Or does the Blue+ or Aquablue still provide enough light?

That spectrum would be covered if I remember correctly. There were several people using the same 4 bulbs as I that suggested them and have no issues with their corals.

Here is what I was thinking about going with....

Front to back

ATI Blue+
ATI Purple
ATI Aquablue
ATI Blue+

I use mostly 2 ATI aquablue specials and 2 ATI blue plus's. I recently added 2 purples into my 12 bulb light and do NOT like the purple at all. It makes my purple coralline algae stand out even more and the whole tank looks purple. :-(

If you like a less white tank with more blue I would suggest 2 ati coral plus bulbs and 2 of the ati blue plus's for the actinics. :)

The first image was the stock lighting that came with the fishneedit 4 bulb (3 - 20ks and an actinic bulb). The second is the 2 Blue Plus and 2 Aqua Blue Special. Obviously a couple more pieces of rock as well.

Attachments

• IMG_1167[1].jpg
    IMG_1167[1].jpg
    251 KB · Views: 87
  • IMG_1186[1].jpg
    IMG_1186[1].jpg
    250 KB · Views: 102
Thanks so much for all the help! What do y'all think about doing (my setup) 3 ATI BLUE+ and 1 ATI AquaBlue?

or, 2 ATI Blue+, 1 purple, 1 AquaBlue ?

Just hate to spend all this $ on new bulbs without knowing what the results are if any of yall have tried it. THANK YOU!

I don't like the look of the purple lamp either. Maybe try the KZ fiji purple instead of the ATI purple plus.

Back
Top Bottom