Opinions on stand strength please

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

earhtmother

Aquarium Advice FINatic
So I have to replace a tank and this is available at a *reasonable* price but I am not sure how sturdy the stand is and have no desire to mop up 35g of water of my livingroom floor if it fails. It *appears* sturdy enough.and I was thinking I'd put a piece of plywood inside the recessed top to perhaps spread out the weight as evenly as possible. The fact that its *chipboard* is what worries me most as I know how water resistant it is not. Feel free to offer suggestions and opinions ad_1562503389799.jpegad_1_1562503392047.jpegad_4_1562503392052.jpegad_3_1562503392050.jpeg

35 gallons of water will weigh at most 280-290 lbs. Add the weight of the tank and whatever decor you plan on using and you will get an approx weight for what the stand and floor will need to bare. Put your plywood on the stand and get a couple or few people that equal that weight to sit on the stand and you will know whether that stand can handle what you want to do. (y)

Back
Top Bottom