Opinions please!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kgriffith

Aquarium Advice Regular
Okay guys I am removing my wet/dry trickle with bio balls all together. I am going to salvage my 10g refugium. I have two tanks that will be utilized under the cabinet.

I am shooting for something close to melevs sump model f but maybe with a variation.

The tank that will house my skimmer is 24x12x16, my refugium is 20x12x12 which i will elevate so that the overflow will work with the 16" tank.
Anyways my question is how should I break up the skimmer tank. I was hoping to incorporate a chamber with some live rock rubble but I do not think it will be possible space wise. Will I be okay with a large skimmer and return section only with the refugium overflow draining into the return area.

The skimmer section will take up about 10-11" so it will end up being 11x12x9 water height.

I am guessing that the question was too ambiguous so tonight I got a little bit further with the design...

I determined that the skimmer section needs to be 7" across to fit my equipment. So what I am thinking is...

Water leaving the tank will enter an area that is filled with live rock rubble with 14" baffle that will be 7x12x14.. water will spill over that into my skimmer section which will be 7x12x9 after that I will have a 1" spaced bubble trap leaving me with a return area that will be 7x12x9. Of course my refugium will be draining into the return area as well with an overflow.

Do you think this is the right setup? I was hoping to get a spot for a filter sock so that I could have some extra particle removal ability.

Back
Top Bottom