Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > General Hardware/Equipment Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 03-21-2011, 01:22 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Regular

Send a message via MSN to Pizentios
Naw i wasn't really worried about being flamed. Was more of a joke than anything. I have submitted my DIY thread, will post more to it once it's approved.

Old 03-21-2011, 01:24 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pizentios
Naw i wasn't really worried about being flamed. Was more of a joke than anything. I have submitted my DIY thread, will post more to it once it's approved.
I'll watch for the new thread and see how you do. Post pics when its setup. Good luck

Old 03-21-2011, 01:25 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhNeil1969 View Post
I think the best thing about hex tanks is the flexibility it provides for having a tank it a small space/room. It may be easier to find a spot for a 60 gallon hex tank as opposed to a 60 gallon rectangular tank. But, like the OP said, they really are 2 different types of tanks based on the foot print. The fish you can put into a rectangular tank aren't necessarily the same ones you'll put in a hex tank.

I agree. I am planning on putting this tank on my desk, so that was part of the reason that i chose a hex shape. I will likely build a nice big rectangle tank after i am done with this one to go in my living room or in the man cave (depending on where the wife lets me put it).
Old 03-25-2011, 01:33 AM   #14

i just got a tank like a tall hex except it is rectangle on end 13''x13''x19''h(with 2 power heads undergravel filter, heater...for free), and i have been thinking you can be more creative aquascaping these tall tanks.been thinking about fish too, like a kuhli loach for the bottom unless i can find a south american substitute , a couple tetra for mid, and a couple hatchet fish for top...im alittle late posting this but here it is
Old 03-26-2011, 04:06 PM   #15
Aquarium Advice Regular

Very cool. I am moving into my new house this weekend so I am getting excited to get my tank setup and cycling. I am just waiting for a new pump and some filter media in the mail then I can get it cycling.

If you wanna see some pictures of the build process of my tank I have another thread in the DIY forum as I am building mine from scrach.
Old 03-26-2011, 04:09 PM   #16
Aquarium Advice Addict

I think, like a lot of people, hexes are probably annoying due to not being able to reach the bottom to scape and plant, and the fish not having room to move laterally. But, I think a shorter, squattier hex would be interesting and cool if they were ever to make them (though that would be a bugger for taking up space).

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com