Opinions please- sump system

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

coltonwsmith

Aquarium Advice Regular
A customer of mine from where I work came up with this, and asked me to find holes in the idea.

I've yet to find any, but I want other opinions and I'm open to suggestions.

Here's what's going on, and a quick sketch of the idea plus my explanation. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1398462539.727215.jpg

Water from the overflow spreads over a tray of 6 filter socks, and proceeds into the same tank where it is passed through a skimmer. The water then flows through the side of the tank by gravity to the 2nd.
(Each tank is lower than the previous)

In the 2nd tank, a simple refugium with all it's necessities. Then, down to the third where one pump returns to the display, and a second pump in the same tank pushes water back to the first tank to go through the process again.

Each tank is a 40 gallon breeder, housed under in the stand of this 300 gallon tank.

I don't necessarily have any concerns myself, more so wanting to know if anyone could find something wrong with the idea, or some way to improve it without changing the concept.

Back
Top Bottom