optibright led light (Lost)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

twinkey

Aquarium Advice Regular
weird....Im lost...i got an aqueon optibright led light on my 40g ...its only 3 months old...when i touch my off button or night light butoon nothing happens..but when i keep pushing and touching they come on....its plugged in same power strip as my aquarium supplies but when i plugged it in a diffrent outlet it work fine..so what gives..anyone have any ideas

Have you tried the light fixture on different sockets on that power strip? Perhaps one of them is defective. Or try a different power strip.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I even tried the same outlet as the strip is plugged into and still did it. I have had it plugged in either one before. But then it started not to work all a sudden

I am suspecting perhaps it might be the wiring in the fixture's power plug.

if its the wiring in the fixture..why would it work in different outlets..that what gets me..

if its the wiring in the fixture..why would it work in different outlets..that what gets me..

I was only thinking it might have been the wiring because of the amount of plugging and unplugging it's been through (handling).
If you've been able to successfully replicate the issue multiple times, then it's probably not the wiring.
Do you have another power strip you can try it out with?

Back
Top Bottom