Options for moonlights

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SassyAngel111

Aquarium Advice Activist
OK guys I am looking for some moonlights, and have found these on ebay Item number: 330109854520 and would like to know if I should take a chance on these buy putting these inside my tank or not as I don't have a canopy nor do I have anything on the top of the tank (open top tank) not even egg creat. Here is a current pic of my setup.

Attachments

• dsc00095_941.jpg
    dsc00095_941.jpg
    131.8 KB · Views: 28
I don't know your answer, but definitely an interesting find.

From my personal experience, I prefer that the moonlight shine down into the water. You need the distance to get adequate dispersion of the light to see the fish. I have an Ario in my 55g Cichlid tank that, in a good moment, I *might* see a fish swim near to. Otherwise, it's a blue light in the water...

In you circumstance, I believe that this would work for you...maybe with enough LEDs like this one, you will have a good lighting sequence!

Roka64, these would not work for my application since I do not have a canopy nor do I have room in the light fixture to attach them to the reflector, so how would I mount these? Thats why I thought the one that I found on ebay would be better.

Back
Top Bottom