orbit pc's

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gallagherjim

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
i have been battling green algae for a while now. got some good advice here, but nothing seems to work. is anyone familiar with current orbit pc's. i have had this fixture for at least 8-9 month.......is it time for new bulbs....is there any way to tell?? tia

The shift in light spectrum will help to "feed" the algae but its not the cause. Change the bulbs at least every 8 months to keep them fresh. Find out what is causing the excess nutrients in the tank and that will help the most to reduce algae.

if the algae is already present, and i removed the cause, would the lights allow the algae to thrive?

It needs the nutrients to "eat". Without them they will not thrive. Reduce the nutrients and then remove as much algae as possible and this will shorten the reduction time.

broke down and bought new bulbs.
noticed a big difference, should have done it sooner. Algae seems to be under control, but i think this may be due to increased skimming.

I THINK THAT I HAVE WON!!! :mrgreen:

Back
Top Bottom