Orbit PowerCompact Light

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mike333

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Anybody use this light fixture. I like the way it stands above the tank? Do you recommend it or not? Also do you have alot of evaporation with no glass lid.

I have that fixture in a 36" and I like it. It sits about the tank 4 or 5 " and it doesn't have a heat build-up although the cooling fan is a little noisy. I have a lot of evaporation in my tank. About a gallon every 3 or 4 days.

I have the coralife fixture and with the legs attached it sits about 4 inches up as well. The fans are quite and the light is great. I have heard conflicting things about the Orbit fixture. Quality and customer service both being concerns.

Another difference is the moon lights

Daylight and actinics look the same as they both can use the same square pinned compacts I believe. The LEDs are different however.

I would like to see a pic of a tank with the white LED moonlights of the Orbit.

Daylight and actinics look the same as they both can use the same square pinned compacts I believe.

??? How do they look the same? I don't understand your statement.

I have a 48 inch fixture and I am farely happy with it. It comes with the fan hooked up to the daylights so it runs on actinics with no cooling. This is fine since the real heat comes from both bulbs running.

I am not so happy with the reflector. when you look from the side the back half of my tank looks green, and the front half looks more blue. I am also running the standard strip light with the 50/50, It makes the daylight transition less harsh, and gets rid of the more blue light at the front of the tank.

I would like to see a pic of a tank with the white LED moonlights of the Orbit.

I would take a picture of my tank for ya, but I use a lunar tracker to simulate the moon light and right now it is barely lit at night. For some reason I can't turn the light on full blast(full moon) the switch stopped working. I may have messed something up when I changed the battery. :cry:

Back
Top Bottom