Ordered my lights!! Should be here friday :)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dimdim

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Heres the link with the t5s i ordered! Tell me what you think!!

Looks pretty cool. I'm in need of a new light set up myself. Still debating. I'm needing a 48" light but this stuff isn't cheap. Did u check reviews on it? I'm a huge review dork.

Yep every feedback left on ebay from other buyers were nothing but a1 phenomenal! Its going on a rather small tank, pretty much nano lol 40 gallons im at 6w/g :) wont run full blast tho, dont wanna sizzle everyone:) im going to have a challenge getting it on my tank, my hob filter is too big to have the light over top the tank as the fixture is 1 1/4" wider then my tank , the length is perfect 36" right on! Need new means of filtration , as this fixture does currently not have eyelets for hanging! Yikes! I contacted the seller and they gave me the permission to install eyelets for hanging :) without voiding the warranty!!! I can think of a couple really good uses for this powerful sucka outside aquaria ahaha

Those lights look nice - I only have a 4 bulb t5 - it's the older style from those lights with out the timer or anything but it's 48'' I am looking to get new lights too, LEDs but im not willing to spend $300 on lights that I have to hang from the ceiling since I cant find any dimmable ones on a bracket.

Is your tank on a stand? Or against a wall by any chance? If its a wall, get L brackets for shelving from home depot, and hang them from the wall, or if its on a stand and u can get behind it, look into conduit tubing and making a hanging rack, sort of what loooks like an upsidedown J coming from both corners on the back, up and over your tank, then connected to eachother with a horizontal piece of conduit

Besides the fact the seller is in north carolina, the lights are already in transit and i ordered last night, hence why i expect them by friday total was 204$ after shipping

To canada, but its 100% satisfaction gauranteed :) look at the price of the product itself lol

So im still waiting for my lights! Shipping tracker said theyre on the truck to be delivered today ! I hope they hurry up!!!

I have that fixture from an eBay seller that is 10 min from me so I picked it up. It works great and with built in timers. I changed 2 of the white bulbs an put a coral wave an a red wave bulb in. Made a big difference in color and the corals seemed to be much happier. I have no complaints about the fixture itself. Works perfect.

The fixture is awesome!! Everythingworks fantastic!! Blue moons are incredible! The only downfalls were that the seller sent me 6 12k bulbs and no actinics, i asked him to ship me 3 ans i would ship 3 back, but he said keep them and ill ship you 6 actinics free of charge !! And the other negative is that it does increase the top 1/3 tank water temp by 1 1/2 -2 degrees when all 6 bulbs are on

Attachments

• image-2062849522.jpg
    image-2062849522.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 72
  • image-496910509.jpg
    image-496910509.jpg
    129.2 KB · Views: 56
  • image-1837361570.jpg
    image-1837361570.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 70
That looks really nice. that's awesome that you got free bulbs. I was thinking about getting a 6 bulb t5 unit very similar has built in timer etc for 48''. It's probably the same seller. Can you take a picture of the mounting legs - I want to see if I can put a lid

The fixture is awesome!! Everythingworks fantastic!! Blue moons are incredible! The only downfalls were that the seller sent me 6 12k bulbs and no actinics, i asked him to ship me 3 ans i would ship 3 back, but he said keep them and ill ship you 6 actinics free of charge !! And the other negative is that it does increase the top 1/3 tank water temp by 1 1/2 -2 degrees when all 6 bulbs are on

Looks really good. Those shadows and leakage of light would drive me nuts! Ever think of a canopy?

Yeah I would be curious too of the legs and an exact measurement if you don't mind. Mine has a canopy and I would really like to keep it. Looks good!!

I can't use legs with my canopy. I just put 2 small pieces of wood across the top of the tank and propped the light on them. Just moved them to the out side and works fine.

This light is not suitable for a canopy at all, no hanging brackets, and i just turned the legs inside out, so they ppint inward to the middle of the light instead of out makes the mounting space half the distance:) and im not loosing much light, its 239 w on a 35 or 40 gallon so im not worries about loosing light

Can you just snap a picture whenever you get a chance of how the legs mount to the top of the tank I just need to visually see something. The brackets that came with my current t5 have plastic screws that go from inside the tank and press against the glass to hold it in place - this prevents me from having a lid and i REALLY want an eel lol.

Back
Top Bottom