over ran algae!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thank you and it wasn't too bad after all the help from everyone thanks again. I'm going today to get razors and a sponge for the tank. I'm also going to get carbon and a new filter sleeve. Ill post pics of the tank when i start today or tomorrow as well. Here is the finished canister.
I honestly don't know anything about your filter. I watched a video on Youtube about it. I am wondering if you can replace the Carbon with loose Purigen??. Maybe someone else can answer that but if you can, then i would. I would only use Carbon to remove Meds, which 2yrs on, thankfully i have not had to do...
I don't know if you know anything about Purigen but it will give you crystal clear water and it should work out cheaper for you over the Medium/Longterm. Again, i'm kinda thinking out loud, hopefully someone can come in with an answer to that..
Really great job on the filter, it just shows what can be done with a bit of elbow grease and patience.. You also saved some money which you can use elsewhere in the tank!!!

Back
Top Bottom