overcharging T5s

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gti_Leo

Aquarium Advice Addict
i want to place T5 HO over my 26 gallon but the thing is i only have roon for 4.

dine3mtions are 24" x 15" but itsa bow front so from the start of the bow there isonly 11 inches to the back, so i can't put the 6 bulbs like i originally intended so i was considering 4 overcharged 24 watts.

now i have easy access to advanced ballasts and was wondering i got 2- 2x54 watt ballasts would this allow me to overcharge the bulbs or will i have to get 4-2x24watt ballasts to be able to overcharge them?

I've heard of this but not sure what it means. Does it mean putting a 24w ballast on a 18w bulb? MrX knows, I think. Wait for him to chime in.

Overdriving T5HOs is possible, but the benefits are debatable. I do think trying to run a 24W bulb at 54W will just blow the bulb.

i've been readign and it sayd it would overdrive them by 20% but the advanced blalasts have electronics that sence over current and shut them down.

i've also been reading that the best ballast to overdrive with are icecaps but personally i don't feel the need to buy a ballast that is 6times the price when i could just add an extra bulb on a DIY fixutre

Back
Top Bottom