Overflow Box

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

moog24

Aquarium Advice Activist
What is the best Overflow Box? I have researched a lot and the name Eshopps AEO11010 Overflow Box seems to be the best. I am setting up a 125 tank with a 55 sump and really don't want something cheap that will lose suction or break, as some review i have read said happened. Thanks for the help!

I would look into CPR or reef octopus that have a toms aqualifter if you are not going to drill.
ALL hob overflows fail eventually......
The Eshopps you listed looks as 'bare bones' as they come...
What reviews said it was best???

I would look into CPR or reef octopus that have a toms aqualifter if you are not going to drill.
ALL hob overflows fail eventually......
The Eshopps you listed looks as 'bare bones' as they come...
What reviews said it was best???

I just typed in overflow boxes.

I had an overflow box in my previous setup and it was okay but......it was something that always needed attention and was in the back of my mind. Lots of maintenance because Algea would build up in the UTUbe and overflow box.

I'm in the process of designing a new setup and will certainly steer away from the overflow box system.

I think ill have my tank drilled by pros. what should the hole size be and where should it be drilled? 1 inch from the top?? how far from the side?

Lifereef makes a real good overflow box I used one for over a year and never lost siphon

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

I've had a DIY pvc overflow on my tank for almost a year now. Never any problems (knock on wood everyone!). It's worked great so far and it was cheap. I made sure to test repeatedly for simulated clogs and power outages and it always starts right back up

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom