Overflow guidance☺

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

77speedyturtle

Aquarium Advice Regular
Ok kiddos hope everyone is well. So I need input from people whose done sumps with overflows. Here's my possible setup. I have a 46 bow front on wood stand. The tank is made of tempered glass, so I can't drill holes,right? So I've been looking into making my own overflow tube to run into a ten gallon. I'm thinking 3/4" pvc piping. I got a sheet of flow rate for pipes with gravity an looks like 3 /4 can handle 900 gph. I'm planning on the return using a 400 gph pump. ok I'm planning on the overflow tube installing a check valve which will have a air line run to a power head. I'm told this will help pull any air bubbles that may get trapped in the tube an help prevent air lock. Now I have to figure out how low the water line in the tank for the overflow tube needs to be,that way in case of failure,power outage ,or whatever I don't have a flood. Mmmmmm? so input input i input please. Ounce i get this part figured out i can put the tank up.

I think the whole tank. I bought it used an there was a sticker on it that said don't drill.

The reason I asked is that the stickers I've always seen have said that the bottom specifically was tempered. Usually something like "DON'T DRILL BOTTOM, TEMPERED GLASS"

Back
Top Bottom