Overflow issue

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sdergar

Aquarium Advice Freak
The tank has been up and running for just over two months now and all of a sudden today my overflows have risen about 2" - 3". Motor is clean and working fine. All holes are clean in overflow tubes. I'm stumped. It seems like the return pump kicked up a notch.

Steve

It might have had an air bubble in the line. Just thinking out loud. Also moving this to the General hardware and equipment discussion.

Oh OK you have the big black overflow columns. I thought you had the HOB overflows. I always had problems with a big air block with mine when I had one. So much for that idea.

You can pour water directly down the return pipe to "burp" it. Im not sure how an air bubble gets caught in there though since its open on both ends.

Are you using Durso's?

I had this issue when my stand pipes were in, now its just open piping and never has an issue with water levels anymore.

Well, it seems it was operator error. It seems I forgot to position one of my ball valves back to where it was after some trial and error. Sometimes it's not the super complicated solution but just a turn of the wrist.

Back
Top Bottom