overflows

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lancer22386

Aquarium Advice Activist
ok turned on my return pump and the over flows stared flowing. well the left one is working fine but the right one is filling up almost to the top and then it quickly drains fast, i use this pump to run my 120gal it is a mag 18, is this pump not enough the run the 180

Almost sounds like you have air in the return line. Moving this to General hardware and equipment discussion.

lancer, are you the person with the holes in the overflow line above the water line?

Looks like your not getting enough air into the drain. Is the nipple on top of the durso blocked at all?

Do you have them connected with a "T"? If one side under the stand is longer than the other then it may pull more water from one side. (Just an idea XD)

Couple thoughts:

1) Your street El on the durso is pretty high up which accounts for the high water level overall.

2) If this is the used setup and you redid the under stand plumbing then I would bet that the length of the drain pipe and how much is under water in the sump has changed from the previous owner. These would cause a higher back pressure in the drain and cause the 'flushing' effect. Your probably going to have to increase the air hole size. You can experiment by using air tubing and shove one end in the EL part way down the drain and see if the extra air helps, then add another etc until you get it where you want it. Then either leave it, or take em out and start increasing the hole size until you get what you want. Flex pipe doesn't matter as it's not the unions/corners/etc that you're worried about here.. It's length and back pressure.

Anyway, that's my take from the vid

Back
Top Bottom