Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > General Hardware/Equipment Discussion

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 08-12-2006, 10:45 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Activist
Oxygen Regulator

Last weekend my wife and I were doing some garage sales and I ran across this device. Of course when I saw it I was thinking of CO2 Regulator for the plants and for a measly five bucks, I just could not pass it up.

So my question for you "experts" out there, will this thing screw into a CO2 bottle without to much trouble? What thread does a standard CO2 bottle have and what pressure can you get them in?

I can unscrew the threaded fitting and get to a standard 1/4" pipe fitting and go with something else that may screw into a CO2 bottle. This device has a 4000lb pressure rating.

Tanks allot!

odessadude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2006, 11:10 AM   #2
would a o2 regulator regulate co2 properly since they are two different gasses and they make two different regulators?
Old 08-12-2006, 02:14 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict
No, it won't fit. I don't remember the numbers on them, but most gasses have their own regulators based on CGA numbers. Some of the common ones are:

N2, Ar, He
Compressed Air

It is set up that way so that someone can't accidentally hook up the wrong gas to the wrong line. Imagine if someone hooked up a hospital patient to CO2 instead of O2.

As far as switching out the NPT on the regulator for a different cylidner adapter, that should work out ok. The pressure reading won't be quite right, but it will regulate the flow just fine.
RogerMcAllen is offline   Reply With Quote

oxygen, regulator

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com