Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > General Hardware/Equipment Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 04-08-2011, 07:41 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Newbie

"Pause" timer?

Does anyone know of a timer of sorts that with a press of a button cuts the power for say 5-15mins then turns back on? Aside from regular food, whenever I throw in some water fleas for my Adwarf Frog & Betta, most get eaten by the filters first. I have been just unplugging the filters for a few minutes when I feed them, but obviously comes with the danger of forgetting to plug it back in. :O

Thx in advance.

Old 04-08-2011, 10:36 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

Welcome to AA!

If you're consistently feeding at the same time every day, you can use a simple 24 hour timer that's on for 95% of the day and off when you feed. I suppose you might be able to rewire a spa timer to work. Buy.com - Spa Timer, 30 Minute You'd have to rewire it so it's normally on and off when you set the timer.

Feel free to PM me directly with questions.
BigJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 03:34 PM   #3
Sliced Bread

Aquarium controllers have this capability, but they're expensive. Reefkeeper, aquacontroller, etc.
Old 04-09-2011, 04:05 AM   #4
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJim View Post
Welcome to AA!

If you're consistently feeding at the same time every day, you can use a simple 24 hour timer that's on for 95% of the day and off when you feed.
Yea, if I had room to add a feeder I would probably just do that for daily feeding and put the three on the same switch for when I feed them fleas once a week, but the back of my tank is maxed out with the two filters, and being an acrylic tank there is no way to attach to the sides.

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com