Penguin 125 Noise

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

greenfish

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I got my new 10 gal tank set up. When I put on the Penguin 125 filter and started it up I was suprised by how much noise it made. I expected the splashing noise of the water and I knew I would have to adjust the water level to elimintate it. What caught me by suprise is the impeller noise. It is louder than I expected. I checked the impeller and it spins freely. I checked to make sure that it was all the wat seated in the housing but the noise continues. Is this normal?

Make sure your intake tube is fully seated in the impeller housing. Also, check the tube for air leaks. Most Penguin filters I've owned were fairly quiet. It sounds like you might be getting a little air through the impeller from somewhere.

Congratulations on getting the new filter. Let the Penguin run overnight and see how it sounds. Sometimes mine will make a little noise after cleaning it that will go away after running for a few hours. You'll see that it quiets down.

Mine only makes noise a. right after turning it on and there is air in the tube, b. the crimson dynamo decided to tear apart the java moss and there is some in the impeller. Give it time and it should work its way out.

Back
Top Bottom