Penguin Filters

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
wabyrd said:
From past experiments talked about on this board, 60% loss was typical

Possibly, but I'm hesitant to take "scientific" data from a source that is non scientifiic. Not only that, but the methods of measuring CO2 indirectly from other measurements is not entirely accurate. Besides, my 5# tank lasts for more than a year and is relatively inexpensive to replace, but that's another topic. :mrgreen:

Thats why I thought it would be good to have another possibly more scientific measurement of loss.. The worst calculations are only off by 10% from my understanding anyway..

60% loss was typical
The worst calculations are only off by 10%
Reminds me of one of my favorite quotes "90% of all statistics are made up". Unfortunately, with the compounded errors, I'd tend to believe that they are more than just 10% off. JMO.

I had a penguin 170. I took two old cartridge shells, removed the filter material and the carbon. Next, I took an exacto knife and removed the horizontal fins carefully. For one,I cut fine filter material( for water polishing) to fit snuggly in the shell. The second shell, more coarse material like sponge.The carbon I eliminated- for I had live plants.

Back
Top Bottom