Penn Plax Cascade Canister Input hose leak

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jstemper

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I just cleaned my canister and after hooking up the input and output hoses I get a steady drip from the input hose.

Does anyone have suggestions on how to rectify this?
Is there a casket in the hose connector? Or is it just a compression type joint?

Thanks
J

Hello, if leak is top of input valve check end hose for cut or rip. make sure hose is pushed on past hose barbs & completely seated(may need to recut hose)on top of valve(pic 1). Then thread locking ring onto hose till very snug.
If bottom of valve you may have cross threaded(done this myself a few times). You may need to disconnect & try again. If done correct locking ring should go on easy & cover all threads(pic 2). If threads damaged cause of cross threading simply repair w/nail file & use plumbers tape(also called Teflon tape). Hooe this helps!!!!!!20190728_080534.jpg20190728_081355.jpg

leak

Interestingly enough the leak seems to be between the two spots you suggested.
I'm going to try a bit of teflon tape and will check the hose.
Thanks
J

attachment.php

Attachments

• cascadehelp.jpg
    cascadehelp.jpg
    158.8 KB · Views: 1,198
leak

Well I think it had to do with a little bit of wear where the two connectors seal. Both are hard plastic. I ended up getting a 1 inch very thin O-ring and putting it in the swivel part of the connection.

That sealed things up pretty well and no more leaking.

Really good to know situation can be an easy fix without having to purchase another valve assembly. Thank you for sharing info. You have a good one!!!!! Later.

Back
Top Bottom