Penn Plax Cascade Leak Fixed!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Neverwin

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I finally fixed my leaky penn plax. Don't use any silicone or jelly or any of that. Just clean your rubber seal with warm soapy water gently so as not to stretch it or tear it. Next get some fine grit sand paper I used 220 grit. Get a small perfectly square/flush block of some sort to wrap the sand paper around... a domino works great for this. Now gently sand all the way around the plastic sealing lip on the canister side with the sanding block in order to remove any debris, high spots or other imperfections from manufacturing. After you are satisfied that you have a nice clean and smooth sealing surface replace your clean oring and your filter will never leak another drop. I hope this helps you guys! Let me know! Mune hasn't leaked a drop since.. they just didn't manufacturer the sealing edge very well in my opinion. It's left up to us to create a suitable let sealing surface. I have seen lots of post about this all over the net so I thought I would share the fix for it here.

Excellent info to share with the community. Could save many from having to buy a new filter!

Additionally you might be able to get a new o-ring from a good hardware store in case it becomes rigid /loses its squishiness, for added security from leaking. :)

I actually ordered a new original seal from ebay for about 7 bucks!

Back
Top Bottom