Pennplax Cascade

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mazdaman

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Any one have any experience or info on the pennplax Cascade 1000 canister filter. Just wondering how it might compare. Thanks

Oh good... How long have you had it?
What size tank is it on?
Any thing you don't like about it?
Is it quiet?
Easy to maintin/clean?
Any other added info you might want to share...
I had decided on the rena filstar xp3 and was just intro'd to the pennplax cascade today so I thought I'd see what others thought about it. Thanks

Surpisingly I have not had anyone else mention the Cascade brand when talking about Canisters. I have had the Cascade since November on the 55 gal. In all honesty, I can't even hear it. I have to touch it to make sure it's running. It works great and REALLY cleans the tank. Our water is crystal clear.

My fiance takes care of the maintenance and cleaning of it, but from watching him, it's not difficult at all to take care of. With the hob we used to have to take the unit into the kitchen to clean it and drip water on the floor as we ran with it. The cascade you just grab it and go, no water drippage anywhere. It may be "difficult" to work with at first because you're not used to how to do everything, but it comes with instructions that are very easy to follow. I think they were written for first graders. And honestly, I love instructions that were written like that because then I am SURE I know what they are talking about.

I have never used any other type of canister before so I'm not sure how it compares to others, but I strongly recommend the Cascade. With 13 Cichlid's and 2 pleco's, our water is clear and we haven't had any problems with spikes.

I don't think that I could say there's anything I don't like about it. The only thing that I WISH it had was an in-line heater. But having a heater in the tank isn't a problem so it's not really something that I don't like about it.

Surpisingly I have not had anyone else mention the Cascade brand when talking about Canisters.
They are still new. I have a submergable Cascade in a 10 gal and like it a lot.

Thanks you two, ,aybe someone else out there has something to say. Maybe someone who has a cascade and another canister. This will be my first venture into the canister world and want to make sure I get the best bang for my buck. Thanks again

Sorry I can't help ya out Mazda. I love the Cascade but I just don't have anything to compare it to. Our lfs's only sell Cascade products so I have used them for quite some time now and have loved every one of them.

Back
Top Bottom