Perfect lighting for my tank.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RubisMoon

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have on my tank the lighting that came with the kit. More precisely the power-glo which is more for corals (i have a freshwater planted tank) and one which is yellowish which emits heat. I went to the pet store where it's cheaper and thought I was getting the flora-glo 2800k but she gave me the aqua-glo 18000k. Now I wanted to change the yellowish one for something with less heat. My question is, do I return the aqua-glo she gave me which is good for plants but not ideal, but is also fish color enhancing, or do i keep it as my front light and wait a little (few weeks) to combine it with the flora-glo? What do u guys use? Fyi, I want to change because even with litrite, nutriments and co2 my plants are turning brown! They are growing but the color itself isn't green it's somewhere between green and red :p

Alright, just opened the light in the back just to see what it really was and it's an aqua-glo too! So i'll try to go change it for a flora. But do I keep my aqua-glo? Will it be enough at 18000k for my fish in front?

18k is just the color temperature. Fish don't care about color temperature...they only need to see to eat. It's up to you if you like the color. I would put a yellower lamp with it if you decide to keep it.

Back
Top Bottom