Perfecto = Marineland????

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

saradomin

Aquarium Advice Regular
Does anyone know if Perfecto is actually Marineland? They could have been bought out by Marineland, but I would like someone to verify this.

My lfs has just confirmed that Perfecto is, in fact, Marineland.

Thanks for posting, guys.

Are they any good? From the smaller tanks that I've looked at, they seem to be of great quality.

Many people prefer Aqueon/AllGlass but honestly I use both and have never seen much difference between them.

I just bought a new 220G. I have no real baseline for comparison, but I was quite pleased -- black silicone, well applied with no sloppiness, arrived without a scratch anywhere.

I am not terribly pleased that the base was not tempered, I worry a bit how much rock I can put into it. But that's more worry than known issue.

It's typical glass so it has a lot of green in it, but that's what I expected. If you want the fancy starfire glass you have to pay a lot more.

Many people prefer Aqueon/AllGlass but honestly I use both and have never seen much difference between them.

Is there any significant difference between the two in terms of glass thickness and amount of green hue or tint?

I just bought a new 220G. I have no real baseline for comparison, but I was quite pleased -- black silicone, well applied with no sloppiness, arrived without a scratch anywhere.

I am not terribly pleased that the base was not tempered, I worry a bit how much rock I can put into it. But that's more worry than known issue.

It's typical glass so it has a lot of green in it, but that's what I expected. If you want the fancy starfire glass you have to pay a lot more.

The 125 gallon has a tempered base. It probably would have been a deal breaker for me.

Back
Top Bottom