Pesky Heater Suction cups

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dade21

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have had my 10G up and running for close to 2 months now. This past week I noticed that the bottom suction cup had come loose. I did a water change yesterday and it refused to re stick in the same place. I had to move it slightly to get it to adhere properly. Suggestions or advice for how to correct this should it happen again? :thanks::)

I'd love to know tips as well! :) Sometimes I find cleaning them or making sure the surface is wet (eg after a water change) helps. But I have old canister outlet ones that seem to be on the way out :(

I've found scrubbing the spot you want to stick it to with an algae pad helps.

My big problem with those suction cups is putting them together when first installing the heater - takes forever to get the cup on the clip! :banghead:

I've found scrubbing the spot you want to stick it to with an algae pad helps.

My big problem with those suction cups is putting them together when first installing the heater - takes forever to get the cup on the clip! :banghead:

Thank you for your reply

I was thinking about those pads this morning at Pets Mart but wasn't sure that was the right idea. I will give it a try though ..

As to first installing them, I understand because I had one break on me. ..Many years ago, I bought a 20 G Set up that came with a heater that had a bracket that could hang from the Aquarium rim. It just had a small screw that just had to be tightened to the fit. Too bad I haven't found any like that currently

Back
Top Bottom