Petco Sale before Christmas?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bobrummel

Aquarium Advice Regular
I know that Petco had their $1/gallon sale at the beginning of the month, but it is over now and I missed it:(

Does anyone know if they (or anyone else) run another sale before Christmas?

I was really counting on the sale in my tank setup costs.

I don't know of any others off hand but the Petco sale is usually every three months. You may catch another in your area when you need it. Craigslist is always another option as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium advice.

I know that Petco had their $1/gallon sale at the beginning of the month, but it is over now and I missed it:(

Does anyone know if they (or anyone else) run another sale before Christmas?

I was really counting on the sale in my tank setup costs.

Can't say for sure but on the Petco FAQ page, I saw a post that said the next one was going on starting Black Fri in Nov but I then found it was going on earlier this month. But this month's sale was their anniversary sale so they might do it again before the 3 months. Who knows? I'd keep checking their sale's page weekly.

Hope this helps (y)

Petsmart told me they're going to have constant sales on fish stuff now till January. That at some point everything will be on sale for a bit.

Sent from my iPhone with three hands tied behind my back.

Because Petco has shortened the length of time the $1/g sales will run, they're running more of them per year. Unfortunately, no one but corporate knows when they're going to happen--even the managers of the stores don't know, though they can guess when they start getting extra tanks in on truck day.

Sale Alert!

I just spoke to my Petco and they said they are doing their $1/gallon sale starting on 12/28/14. I'm not sure how long it is supposed to last, so if you are looking to get a tank, you may want to check your local store for more information!!:D

I just spoke to my Petco and they said they are doing their $1/gallon sale starting on 12/28/14. I'm not sure how long it is supposed to last, so if you are looking to get a tank, you may want to check your local store for more information!!:D

It's usually a month long event. Some areas only do 2 weeks but very rare. All are "while supplies last" kind of thing.

Sent from my iPhone that doesn't like me. Or you !!

Just stuck my head in at petco and the tanks are stacked all over so im guessing either tomorrow or sunday.

Petsmart is having the same event starting dec 28

Sent from my ME302C using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Petsmart is having the same event starting dec 28

You mean jan because the petsmarts by me haven't done the $2 a gallon with hood and light in a while. And its not going on now.

I got a flyer saying from dec 38, 2014 till some date in jan.

I was warned and am now officially done with Tetra brand tanks. Needed an extra 10g and picked one up wednesday. Had it cycling today on the bottom of a level, name brand dual stand and the back glass cracked from the top middle to the bottom right corner. Thank goodness I was still home. Had to scramble and hook up my water changer and put in a fountain pump and emptied more into buckets. I did some google searching and found people with the same experience.

I was warned and am now officially done with Tetra brand tanks. Needed an extra 10g and picked one up wednesday. Had it cycling today on the bottom of a level, name brand dual stand and the back glass cracked from the top middle to the bottom right corner. Thank goodness I was still home. Had to scramble and hook up my water changer and put in a fountain pump and emptied more into buckets. I did some google searching and found people with the same experience.

Only a 10 huh?? Ermmm a 40... cough cough.. suckeddddd

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Well I am truly sorry to hear this as I have about 25-30 of these Tetra 10 gal tanks on my rack. :eek: So far, no problems, however.... :huh: :facepalm:

Well I am truly sorry to hear this as I have about 25-30 of these Tetra 10 gal tanks on my rack. :eek: So far, no problems, however.... :huh: :facepalm:

By any chance, did you drill yours to run off central filtration or run off an air pump with individual sponges ?

Just wanted to let everyone know the tank crack was due to a chip from shipping/handling. Petco manager pulled several other tanks after he saw mine. I also recieved a full price refund for my trouble.

By any chance, did you drill yours to run off central filtration or run off an air pump with individual sponges ?

No, I don't drill these tanks. The flow through system will be with the tanks I got from the breeder. These small tanks are for the first 30 days +/- for eggs/fry before moving to grow out tanks. Sponge filters on my air compressor only. (y)

Back
Top Bottom