Ph level

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cichlid-Terror

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have a 55 gal tank with 3 Cichlids. My ph level is around 6.2 is that too low or just right?

Those are African Cichlids by the way

Okay! I have loss my Green Terror! I guess the ph level was too low and co2 was too high for it. I have since back off on the co2 and raise my ph to 7.2. So far my other two Cichlids from Lake Malawi are thriving and seem happy. I believe I am on the right path ....

Africans and South American come from completely different pH. However the South American usually like lower pH and Africans higher.. so weird the African cichlids would be the ones to survive unless they were aggressive to the Green Terror, and they could be because they are far more aggressive in my experience.. Try keeping the tank mostly if not all Africans.. of types that will mesh.. Just my opinion

Africans and South American come from completely different pH. However the South American usually like lower pH and Africans higher.. so weird the African cichlids would be the ones to survive unless they were aggressive to the Green Terror, and they could be because they are far more aggressive in my experience.. Try keeping the tank mostly if not all Africans.. of types that will mesh.. Just my opinion

Thanks! I am still learning about them, but for now will stick strictly with African Cichlids.

Tank boss would have bullied him to death peacocks are mean SOBs especially to each other and you need to raise your ph to around 8.0 I keep mine but do it slowly over several day then when you do a water change next add some buffer to keep water the same ph & temp also prime it

And if your keeping peacocks don't put mbunas in there I learnt the hard way haps do well in I have some clown loaches and a soon to be pleco and try and keep them the same size so there is no advantages also what's your tank set up water parameters and what do u feed?

Back
Top Bottom